Monday, 9 June 2014

2014-06-09 - Craig, Row, Hanging Leg rises, Sit-ups, Plank

WOD
500 M row or 400 M shamble
3 rounds
10 Hanging leg raises
10 sit ups
30 seconds accumulated in a plank
500 M row or 400 M shamble


Recycled an old one


I wanted to tape the hanging leg raises to see what my shoulders did. Forgot to start the camera again for the second round.
http://youtu.be/5MLYFTSk6_U


500 M row
3 rounds
10 Hanging leg raises
10 abmat frog sit ups
30 seconds plank
500 M row
  1. Rows
    • Technique was off and a bit slow.
  2. Hanging leg raises
    • I was quite worried about doing these.
    • Recently they've been very hard and I've powered the movement by closing  my shoulder, which exacerbated the rounding and just plain hurt.
    • The video shows my shoulder blades staying in a pretty good position throughout. Acceptable although I'd like to be able to keep them retracted a bit more as my torso tips back. If I could pull that off I'd know that I had that problem licked.
    • Reduced ROM because of having  to use the rafter, raining outside, but those were as good as any I've ever done.
    • And my shoulders didn't round too badly the next day. A little, as I said, scapular position needs work, but definite improvement.
  3. Sit-ups
    • Acceptable.
  4. Plank
    • Shoulders weren't locked in external rotation, but they are at least not rotating internally as badly as before.
Overall
  • That went much better than I was scared it would.
  • Those band pull-aparts are absolutely essential to getting my shoulders functioning correctly. Assuming you read this far Jeff, I can't thank you enough for getting me to revisit them and stating the bloody obvious things I should have gotten right the first time I used them.

No comments: