Monday, 2 September 2013

2013-09-02 Press, Push-ups, Row

3 rds
10 Sh Press
10 Press ups
500 m row

3RNFT
10 x 20kg Press
10 Snaking Push ups
500 m row

  1. Press
    • Kind of gave up trying to track elbows and rotate shoulders and whatever and concentrated on starting with my elbows in front of the bar and finishing in full extension.
    • Predictably, that felt better.
    • I really do over-think things.
  2. Push-ups
    • Very similar here.
      Couldn't get elbows to cooperate, shoulders were set wrong.
    • Last round I relaxed and enjoyed myself, as much of a struggle as it was, and everything felt much better. Haven't watched to see what that looked like yet.
  3. Row
    • Yesterday's good groove escaped me, first two rounds were over 2 minutes/500m.
    • Last round things got better and I held under 2min/500m.
      Not much under, but under, which is what I'd like to do at least.
    • When I get it right I can keep that up for as long as I've ever rowed, when I get it wrong I can't get that pace no matter how hard I push.
Overall
  • Tried hard not to rush and keep things smooth and steady as you said.
    Definitely a work in progress.
  • Really don't like those hanging leg raise workouts you prescribe.
    They really bloody hurt the next day.
    More please.

No comments: