Thursday, 4 July 2013

Squats, Ring rows, Plank

WOD
3 rds
10 air squats to box
10 ring rows
30 second plank

  1. Air squats
    • Better? Yes, I'll give myself a little credit and say that they were improved.
    • Still not solid, not opening my hips, not sitting back (always), slumping my shoulders over.
    • But some were not  a total disaster.
  2. Ring rows
    • Actually quite pleased with those.
    • I've been working on them since I stopped doing your workouts and saw how badly my shoulders were rounded.
      Easy to do a few each time I was in the shed.
    • A few weeks back 3 reps was a max, today I got a few reps that were as good as I could hope for and then I stopped getting my shoulders back.
    • Still can't do them with my legs straight, I need that assist.
    • Not where I want to be, but better than I was.
  3. Plank
    • Least happy with those.
    • I couldn't organise my shoulders and was hanging off the small muscles at the front instead of getting  them externally rotated.
    • Tried for the correct position, couldn't lock it in.
    • I haven't worked on these.
Overall
  • Not exactly a blistering pace, but not as dissatisfied as I have been.
  • Still a long way to go.

No comments: