Wednesday, 8 February 2012

It had to be tried

Row 2000m
Every minute of rowing, do:
5 x 15kg Sots press

Not a great success.
My sots presses are absolutely dreadful. Amazing crapping dog squat position and about a 45 degree angle on the presses. I would have been better to  do:
20 x PVC sots press.
Holding the squat was easy, having the weight overhead was not. Another try with lighter weight to try and get into a good squat would make me happier.

A highlight though was holding an elbow stand for a brief moment against the wall. I did the clasped hands variation and my upper arms were not vertical, but my shoulders held up and let me do it.

I'll try that again when I haven't been stressing, and mobilising, my shoulders as much and see how it goes.
I'd love to be able to pull of a full palms down version of that. And maybe, one day, even free-standing?

No comments: