Sunday, 6 March 2011

Back squats and CF Housewives

Pulled the pin when the second attempt at an 80kg warm-up wasn't any better than the first.
Decided I was paying the price for shirking the high rep set lately and that it is a necessity (for me at least) to practice the movement and keep my hamstrings activated after days of pancaking them (to use Kelly's term) at the office.
By the end of the 12 gad-awful uncomfortable reps I did my groove was coming back, hamstrings firing, but was on and the video shows it. So either high reps after the top set or back squats in the WOD following. I need them. I'm too far behind to not do them. Jeff might actually have known what he was doing when he prescribed them.

Did a quick scaled version of my beloved "CF Housewives"
5RFT
9 x 20kg OHS
9 pull-ups, - Green band assist.

12:30

After the first couple of rounds I was astonished that my shoulders felt so good on the OHS and that overall they were motoring along nicely. Got out the camera and shot the last few rounds. I apparently did an extra round somehow, but who cares.
The reps were good. I plummet to the bottom a bit and most frustratingly, I start with my shoulders nicely externally rotated and then roll them over as I descend. Dumbass.

Used a band on the pull-ups because the real estate agent was coming over to take photos of the house and I was running out of time before she arrived.

No comments: