Wednesday, 5 January 2011

Squats and mini-metcon

3 x 90kg, unofficial PR
12 x 60kg

It's an unofficial PR because I decided that as things felt good I may as well bung 90kg on there and get the camera, whereas until then I hadn't bothered with it, but I forgot to press record. Hopefully I'll get to do a repeat or better it on video so I can check depth.
The 60kg were a bit too low, my butt is tucking. Pretty good aside from that. I stopped when I couldn't prevent my knees coming in any more.
Worked hard to press back into the bar. It came easier this time.
Shoulder was OK throughout. Twinging a bit so lots of stretching between sets.

Then
AMRAP 10
10 x 60kg deadlift
20x 15kg press

Not really an AMRAP because I totally lost count. More than 5 rounds I'm fairly sure, a guess really.
Deadlift could have been a bit heavier. My grip failed on touch and gos after a round or two so I switched to resetting my grip on each rep, which is what I would have done from the start if I'd thought of it.
Used the light barbell and worked really really hard to externally rotate my shoulders. Wound up tiring out my serratus of all things and the last set was broken because I couldn't get them to contract. Which is not the muscle group I hand in mind to hit, but it's exactly the overall action I was aiming for.
Shoulders feel worked and the internal rotators stretched. Twinging is diminished. Not an earth shaking metcon performance, but very satisfying from the rehab point of view.

No comments: