Wednesday, 5 January 2011

CF Birkenhead

Before I had lunch with Lynette I called into CrossFit Birkenhead to try out a suspect C2 monitor on the Model Cs he has there and have a chat about equipment and a nosy at the gym.
When I saw Paul I recognized him as having met him at CFNZ, I hadn't remembered his name I'm afraid.
The monitor was fine.

We had a talk about the equipment he imports and his pricing for it. He's substantially cheaper than the place I had been buying gear from, pretty much down to US prices. $450 for a GHD blew me away, The only other ones I'd seen for sale in NZ were over $1000.
All of the gear is excellent quality, more than good enough for a home gym and he's using it in his gym and it doesn't look like he has problems with it folding up on him. At $300 I would have bought a pair of squat stands instead of making mine. I can see my home made jobs being replaced in the future.
I bought 2 bands to give me a full set of light, medium and strong (which I already had). Total cost $50. I could have bought all 3 off him and paid half what I did for my strong band. Now that annoys me.
I'll be talking to Paul before I buy any other equipment.

I liked his gym too. Nice feel to it. Fun to see kids running around a CF gym again.

No comments: