Sunday, 19 September 2010

Amped up cut-down Cindy

3RFT
"Run" 200m
2 Rounds of modified Puppies Cindy
3 dead-hang pull-ups
6 Push-ups with hand release
9 x 12kg dumbbell thrusters

19:23

Round
1 5:27
2 6:34
3 7:20

Runs weren't a disaster. Not the sprint the distance deserved of course. Left calf cramped on the last run home, telltale that I haven't been stretching it enough.

Pull-ups easy.
Push-ups rather good. I like the hand release thing. I don't launch into the next rep as quickly as I would like and that's not all bad as I use the time to set my shoulders and drive my hips up first, which really means I get a tight plank going.
Dbell thrusters. Oh my goodness! Not fun, not easy, broken as heck! Total character failure, I just couldn't power through them.
Definitely using them again. I like that I don't get to muscle them up with my right arm compensating for my left. I like that I don't need to use a weight heavy enough to hurt my back to have the movement really hit me hard.
Not keen on the bruised collar bones where I drop the weight though.

1 comment:

David said...

Modified Push Ups -As I read your blog post, I couldn’t help but think of the Push Up Bench as the most effective way for people who struggle with push ups , to be able to do them correctly (with full range of motion). Most modified push ups make them easier but only allow one or two variations. The Push Up Bench has 11 different levels to work through on the way to a full push up.