Tuesday, 24 August 2010

Mash-up

Mixed some stuff I can do reasonably well with some stuff I need to work on and some stuff I suck at.

30 x 10kg dbell power snatches (15 each arm and swap)
Run around the block (1 mile), doing 10 push-up[s at each corner
(ie 4 Rounds
400m
10 push-ups)
30 x 10kg dbell power snatches (15 each arm and swap)

14:15
Forgot to start the watch until after the first dbell power snatches.

Got some butt kicking (Pose) in on the run, but can't hold it consistently. My quads are tight I think, slowing down the pull.

After, took a small portion of yesterday's mobility WOD from Dr KStarr's new Mobility Blog.
5 minutes in the bottom of the squat.
Not hard to sit in a squat, but I kept trying to work the position Kelly taught me, toes forward, knees out and held in place with my butt. Left side was easy, the side I've been focusing on because "it's the tightest", right side I kept winding up my quads and had to take breaks. After 4 minutes I got the right side locked in and had an easy run until the last 15 seconds when I lost it again.
Just shows I need to do the hip capsule stretches on both sides equally and not focus on the "worst" side.

No comments: