Monday, 17 May 2010

Confession

Apparently I lied, I didn't build a pull-up bar as I posted a few weeks back.
As the video shows, I built a climbing frame.

The box was there so that my father-in-law could have a try at doing a pull-up. He did about half of one which impressed me. Sapphire couldn't reach the bar even on the box or climbing on the clamps that stop the braces slipping sideways, but she was close, then Lynette suggested she put her feet on the brace retaining blocks and that let her get a handhold and she was off.

She had one minor mishap on the way down that saw her collect some scrapes when she didn't pay enough attention to her footing. That made her more careful, so it was useful.

Until the video she had climbed up, sidled her way hand by hand across the bar and got down the other side. This time she decided to get more adventurous and come back again. Little show-off. She's got a partial pull-up too and a fair kip that she copied off me.

2 comments:

TexasPatrick said...

Angie loved that.

Craig Massey said...

It was a fun day.

We were all freaking out, she was fearless. Little kids have no sense of danger.

I love seeing kids trying new things and getting confidence through achievement. Watching Sapphire do 12" box jumps when she trained with me was cool. She was doing Laura style psych-ups (yes, I know you're reading this Laura, that's why I said it :-) ), squatting down, wriggling, swinging her arms, aborting jumps and then she'd get one and she'd be so excited!
And she had to show everyone how she could do them.

I love that.

BTW I did 24" box jumps and didn't do the Laura wriggle, well maybe a little.