Monday, 30 November 2009

Well that was quick!

5RFT
6 x 30kg front squat to a 12" box
6 x 24kg dbell swings
6 push-ups

8:57

Front squats were "interesting". I could feel my hamstrings taking the strain, but the video shows me rocking forward to get moving off the box. Lost the lumbar curve, so it my be less about hamstring recruitment than it was about midline stabilaisation. Doing that again.
Swings were easy, so now I need to get more leg and hip into it. There was a lot there, but I was folding forward a lot. It wasn't wrong per se, just not what I want to see.
Push-ups were pretty tight. Muscular failure, but form stayed OK even then. Now if they just weren't so broken. Yes, even with 6 reps/round.

I had a cap set on this at 15 minutes. I thought the swings woulds tire me more. I have room to move on this one. More swings or a run and drop a round.

No comments: