Saturday, 27 June 2009

Saturday at CFNZ

Darren can't quite make it to the gym after the session in the park so I opened up.
Checked where everything was, wiped down the outside pull-up bar, wrote the workout up on the board (a partner Murph), pretty much twice with all my erasures trying to make sure the handwriting looked nothing my often illegible whiteboard scrawl.

I researched Murph's story using my phone so I could write a little note up there too and so I could tell it in case anyone asked.

The 0800 class barely needed any help to get started, I just had to explain how the partner aspect worked and stop them gossiping. In fact they told me how the 800ms normally worked at CFNZ. Thanks ladies.

Darren arrive at about 0830 and I'd managed to figure out how to get something other than some boring talkback radio station on the stereo by then. I used the time while they were running to good effect. :-)
Amanda did the workout on her own. A full Murph, Cindy style and the first time she had run it, having rowed it following her hip surgery the last time. Gutsy effort. I really felt for her on the push-ups.

The second class I had planned to join in, but was a little worried about that much volume in my current state of (un)fitness and I really wanted to be join in with the Olympic Lifting class afterwards. Fortunately Darren needed to train so he partnered with Michelle, who was nice enough to carry him through the workout. :-) Lynette arrived partway through after catching the train, also for the O. Lifting class.

We trundled off for a coffee. I wound up with a chai lattee which turned out to have milk in it. I thought it was like the chai tea I had a while back and liked. Like I know what these fancy coffee things are!

The O. lifting. Darren ran us through an hour of snatch drills, which I sorely needed. And did sorely. I'm tight after Nancy and that hour was hitting everything that was hurting. I think I did better toward the end.
I tend to jump a little too wide and I hope I'm not pulling early any more. I tried putting little plates outside my feet to keep them closer and all I did was kick them sideways. Next time I'm using bigger plates.

Then Lynette and I had lunch and went to a movie. Fun.

Oh, the movie was Transformers 2. Sucked.
It was a good story but they had to add way too many silly bits into it. A "kid's" movie doesn't have to be childish. They need to look at JJ Abram's handling of Star Trek to see how to tell a science fiction based story.

No comments: