Friday, 1 May 2009

"My" WOD

CFNZ had an invitational WOD week.
Members were invited to submit suggestions for workouts for the last week in April. Lou's was a monster on Monday.

Friday's was a combination of 2 of the 3 I suggested.

Lynette and I went along for the 0600 class morning because it didn't seem right to provide the workout and then not do it.

So:
10RFT
10 x 60kg deadlifts
5 Pull-up/TTB combos

A bit over 20 minutes. I forgot to note my time. I'll update when Taz or Darren post them.

I ripped my hands big time, doing an especially good number on the nearly healed one from two weeks ago. Mr Elastoplast must love me.

I got to round 4 and didn't think I was going to make it, but I kept slogging on.

An interesting observation on the pull-ups. When I did whatever I did to myself Monday before last my right side was much worse then my lift. Today I noticed that I tend not to open my left armpit when I do pull-ups. The few times I did the difference in the movement was enormous. Something to work on.
I actually got a few pull-ups/TTB combos as one movement! Woohoo! Not as smooth as Adam and I couldn't string two together, but they're coming.

After Lynette and I had breakfast together at a cafe and she dropped me at work where I sent half an hour trimming bits of skin off my my hands and applying neosporin and bandages. Ouch.

Edit; 20:30

No comments: