Thursday, 30 April 2009

Midline stabilisation

Wanted to try something like this for a little while and decided to give the neighbours a little laugh.

3RFC (for completion because I forgot to press the start button on my stopwatch)
Row 50 strokes, probably 400-500m
3 rounds of;
10 x 20kg OHS
Change to clean width overhead hold
Turn around
Walk down to the other end of the driveway

I think I should have used PVC for this one.
The original intention was ot stay with the snatch grip for the whole 3 sets of OHS, but I quickly found I didn't have the necessary shoulder stability to pull that off. As it was there were numerous character breaks to rest my shoulders.
I also intended that I do 4 walks of the driveway until I realised I'd have to leave my bar sitting at the roadside to make that work.

The full version of this would have the pull-up/TTB combo in there, possibly instead of the rowing. Just couldn't face the damn rafter for that.
With a few adjustments this one will be a useful one to trot out.

No comments: