Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Slight oops

The workout at CFNZ was:
Buy-in
1-1-1-1-1-1 Weighted pullups

WOD
Half Cindy (AMRAP 5)

My hands are about 3 days away from doing weighted pull-ups and at least a week from doing anything like Cindy, so I was a bit of a wallflower.

Did the warm-up, discovered that a 1 minute plank while you're a bit puffed from slam-ball is harder than I expected. Then I intended to sub push-jerks for the pull-ups, but forgot that people were still running through the Benchmark for the "I Am Crossfit" challenge which took up much of the remaining space and bars. Darren suggested a sub of sit-ups for the pull-ups and I should have gone with that. Why didn't I? No frigging idea. I heard what he said and could have repeated it back to him, but my brain didn't process it at the time. I think I was tired, I certainly slept better last night than I have in a while. Still quite broken, but not as often as usual.

Tamaryn went over how they see an intern program working and told me about the L2 cert notes. They cover the standard cues and progressions.

I downloaded them when I got home and had a look through in case I had been teaching anything incorrectly and was relieved to find that between Jeff, the other Brand X trainers and the L1 and CF Kids certs I had all of it covered. There were a few cues and progressions I couldn't have listed off the top of my head, but nothing I didn't know and with CF Kids there are quite a few aimed at kids that weren't in there. I know they also work well for adults, well, they worked well for me :-), so they'll be useful too. I'm pretty confident of my ability to teach and correct most exercises, it's the running a class stuff I'm not so certain of yet.

No comments: