Monday, 2 February 2009

Deadlifts

CFSB
Deadlifts
Week 6 Round 1

5 x 100kg
3 x 102.5kg
3 x 105kg
1 x 107.5kg
1 x 110kg
1 x 112.5kg
1 x 115kg

20 x 60kg

Very happy with that for the end of the first round. The 115kg was a nice tight lift and Lynette was watching and agreed. Some of the earlier sets were not 100% and I'll work on that next round. This is almost exactly where I want to be to head into the next round with room to move and my form increasingly solid.
I must say I don't like singles though. Not having the luxury of a rep to throw away and get myself settled in is disconcerting.

Then I ran around the block. About a mile.
Remembered to take the watch that has a tempo beeper on it and the distraction of trying to match that darned beep took my mind off the running quite nicely. Which wasn't what I took it for, but it was a pleasant side effect and allowed me to relax into it a bit more. Good.

2 comments:

JohnR said...

Hi Craig.

Great to see a fellow Kiwi into CrossFit. Out of action at the moment (rehab from tendon surgery) but will be back into it in a couple of months.

Keep put the good work!

John Rippon
aka HardGainer,
Lower Hutt

Craig Massey said...

Hi John,
I hadn't seen you posting for a bit. I don't think I knew you were a Kiwi?

What did you do to yourself?:
Some really outrageous extreme sporting injury?
Old age?
Ruptured yourself picking up the cat?