Tuesday, 13 May 2008

30 Muscle-ups 080512

I guess, The Porch

60 seated muscle-ups.

Not for time, there was no point.
I think they were the most and probably the first, honest seated muscle-ups I've ever done. Any time I used my legs too much I put my feet on a plyo-box to remind myself how it should feel if my arms were doing the work. I can't do one with my feet on the box, but it gave me the feeling
A regrettably few reps were very clean and I ended with the rings in a perfect bottom of the dip position in my armpits. Most wound up with my arms behind me which if I were dipping would have seen me doing a face plant.

I'm back to thinking I'll never get a muscle-up again, but it was a very valuable exercise.

The amount of abdominal involvement in these things was fascinating. I'm still a bit sore in the midsection after Fran (one of the reasons I know my kipping was pretty good) and I was getting a real tweak as I came through the transition. Interesting.

And I now have my first false grip blister. Laughing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Craig! Stay with it. The dreaded muscle-up is still waiting to get me. I want it, but it's not there yet. I will have to try these seated ones as you have described. Thanks for the idea! Have a great day.