Monday, 4 February 2008

JT

21-15-9
HSPU
Ring dips
Push-ups.

24:37

I used about every sub in the book for that one.
HSPUs started out piked with my feet on a 5foot surface. Next round my arms had gotten longer or there was very localised subsidence right where I was putting my head because I kept going sown and down and when I'd gone as far as I could I still hadn't touched the ground. So feet at 5foot became feet on a 12inch plyo box sitting on the back porch. About 20inches?

Dips started as very short range full dips, became jumping negatives and finished as beginners ring dips.

Push-ups stayed as full push-ups, but, broken is inadequate. Splintered? Maybe even powdered, is closer.

I hate JT with a passion. No, not true. I hate how badly I do JT.
It hits all the things I'm worst at. But doing it makes me better for the WODs that have those things mixed with things I don't totally suck at.
It's a great WOD, I just can't do it.

2 comments:

TexasPatrick said...

Powdered pushups!! Now in convenient tablet form with time release action!!

Don't know why but that tickled me to no end: "my sets weren't broken, they were powdered."

Craig Massey said...

Bugger time release, I wanted the instant version!

It was a weird feeling. My shoulders and triceps were gone, but I kept grinding them out on chest strength alone. I had quite a few "do overs". Mostly from my chest not touching the ground, a couple though where I did a belly flop and just couldn't get off the ground.

Instant HSPUs would be good too!
Every so often I think I might one day be able to do some and then something like this brings me back down to the ground with, not a thump, more like that asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs?