Tuesday, 29 January 2008

Cindy 0800128

Pack
AMRAP 20
3 pull-ups
6 push-ups
9 squats

17 rounds. Same as last time dammit.
The pull-ups would have been faster if I could string two kips together. I ripped my hands up pretty good and they're stinging a bit now. What's that superglue thing you do? The kips got "lighter" toward the end, or at least a few did, so I think I still haven't been kipping properly. I've been very heavy on my hands until today, but on the "lighter" ones I wasn't heaving myself up, more of a flick if that makes sense. I'll pursue that now that I know about it.
Push-ups were hard. My form was good until it wasn't and then I rested. I'd say they are what hurt my result the most.
Squats felt good. 50 squats is a slog, 9 is not so bad. I didn't use my butt correctly on all of them, still grinding my hip a bit. I'll pay for that.

I'm happy with the work I did, but I really wanted the 20 rounds this time.

1 comment:

Craig Massey said...

I'd accuse you of fishing for compliments if I didn't know you were dead serious. :-)
I am hugely impressed with your determination to find a way to do Crossfit and some of the weights you are moving. I confess I have uncharitably wondered if you weren't overstating your degree of deconditioning (love that word, much better than "being a fat lazy slob", ooops, I mean in the general case, not you!), except that there are some are as where you really are struggling.
I eventually decided CF just works for you.
As per the comment on your blog; Yes, you're welcome to link to here and I'll do the same back, so anyone coming past can watch your progress too.