Thursday, 7 February 2008

Front Squats 080204

So it went.
3 x 50kg
3 x 52.5kg
3 x 55kg
3 x 57.5kg
3 x 60kg

I think tripling front squats equals my all time PB. I may have done more for a single, but I can't remember, it was a very long time ago.

Everything up to the 60 was nice.
60 was untidy but not ugly and was legal.

I didn't hurt my back which pleases me no end. My hip is a bit dodgy, I really should do some walking and get that a bit more solid.

For me that's pretty good.
I need to get a bit of a margin on there so I can do Fran as prescribed. My press has been coming along faster than my front squat, which is no surprise given my body structure and back injuries. Of course I need to work on my metabolic conditioning a lot too, but getting the basic horsepower to move the weight is a good thing.

And I have no idea why I did a front squat workout. It should have been Joshie I think. For some reason I had it in my head that I needed to do a front squat version of the back squats from a few days back.
I'm glad I did, but it means I'm cherry picking again and I'm trying hard to be honest about this.

No comments: