Sunday, 6 January 2008

I got a bit carried away with the power clean and did way more reps and sets than I was supposed to. I kept trying to get the exercise right.
Note to self the WOD is the WOD, practice lifts on practice days. Pillock.

So it wound up being:
40kg x 4
50kg x 3
60kg x 5
60kg x 4
60kg x 5
60kg x 3 + 1 really ugly extra.

I'm not unhappy overall because:
The weight is 7.5kg less than my heaviest hang power clean for a single and I haven't done anything like a power clean in months.
I don't do too badly until I get tired.
I know what keeping the bar close feels like because I caught the damn thing on my belt buckle twice. Getting a new belt to wear with those shorts. That and a less saggy gut will stop me wearing them old man style, somewhere near my armpits.

Not a total disaster. Now to make good lifts the rule rather than the exception.

You know, the way that 60kg felt I think I could have split jerked it. Grace as prescribed (slowest time in recorded history, but as Rx'ed) may happen sooner than I thought.
Warning
This video contains explicit views of legs that have not seen the light of day in many years. And most of the video runs at half speed so I can see what I'm doing, ie it's a tad boring.

No comments: