Saturday, 22 September 2007

Isabel 070922

30 Snatches
32.5kg

8:34
Which actually includes time to stop and start the watch, but there you go.

I was hoping to use 40kg which lets me use my full size bumper plates, but a quick try told me there was no way I was going to get 30 squat snatches with that.
I probably would have been better off power snatching the 40kg.

I am deeply disgusted with my form in this workout. I muted the sound in the video as, you know the scene in four weddings and a funeral where they're late for one of the weddings? I used the "f-word" more than that. A lot more.

On the good side, aside from when I was pacing up and down swearing at myself, I did 8 minutes of lifting, which with the CFWU means going on 30 more minutes of exercise than I would have gotten if I hadn't. Time to schedule some serious practise time on this one, once my right shoulder settles down again. Tweaked it a bit. Serves me right.

Here's the video, it should have a "This is how you don't do it" warning. Embarassed
I can't believe I'm putting this up for other Crossfitters to find. I must be insane.

2 comments:

Ben Langford said...

Hey mate,

Just a quick one from a fellow crossfitter in oz.

Good work with Isabel. It's good to see someone who is an Olympic Lifter with clearly visable pulling and catching stances. Well done. One thing I noticed though is that you are bending your arms just before the first pull; remember what Mike says "When the arms bend, the power ends".

Craig Massey said...

Thanks Ben.
great to hear from another crossfitter in the southern hemisphere! What part of oz are you from? Do you train at one of the affiliates over there?

Am I really bending my arms?
Checking...
Crap, I am too.
Thanks Ben, I'll work on that in my practise sessions. I'm determined to master these things, but I suspect it will be a long time coming.