Friday, 21 September 2007

Grace 070921

30 Power cleans and semi-split jerks
50kg

8:56

I need to work on my squat cleans. And my jerks, push or split.
I'm coming to the conclusion I must just plain move lethargically after watching the videos, there's very little snap there.

I didn't want to wreck my back catching too low as I've recently discovered I do a major league "butt wink" when I squat low, which I think is what's brought back the sciatica that's bugging me. I'm working that out and when I do I'll start working my cleans down lower.
I need to jump the bar a lot more in the clean. I completely forgot that and it shows.

I've only done split jerks once before ever I think, so this was fun. I can see with practise they'll be very useful. I'm catching the bar with bent elbows and not really shrugging my shoulders up. I am a bit, but with my long skinny neck it's hard to see.

Lots of things to work on, cool!

It was a fun little workout and I'm a step closer to as rx'ed.

2 comments:

Littleredhead said...

Hi Metric,

I find it helps to really make the shrug obvious, jump then get under the bar as quickly as possible. Good work though. ;-)

Littleredhead

Craig Massey said...

Thanks LRH.

What's frustrating me is that I know all that, yet I can't put it into practise. The lift happens too fast to pull everything together.
I made a complete an utter hash of it in Isabel the next day. So embarrassing.
You on the other hand go from strength to strength. I wish I had your speed out of the bottom of the squat, you really move!
Thank-you for stopping by. I really will be trying to put what you say into practise.