Sunday, 8 July 2007

CrossFit Games Hopper Workout

Pack(ish):
Row 5 minutes, which I have to hope is at least 1 K
Five rounds of:
25 Jumping Pull-ups
45 kg (100lb?) Push jerk, 7 reps

27:07

Push jerks are weird. The weight feels heavy when you hold it, but the exercise is a doddle, so long as you remember it's a push jerk, not a push press. I got a bit sloppy a few times and it suddenly got very hard indeed.

Pull ups as always are an absolute b_____d. After the first round I was wishing it was 25 push jerks and 7 pull-ups. I tried to get a good push away from the bar (rafter) on the way down and managed it most of the time.

It wasn't a bad effort, but it lacked *sparkle* somehow.

The heat got to me a bit. The first fine day in a week or two and it must have been a blistering 15C out there (59F). Laughing I don't know why the BrandX team are still alive. I just don't function at the temperatures you were enduring at the Games.

No comments: