Sunday, 8 July 2007

Isabel

For time:
Snatch 135 pounds, 30 reps

Use 95 pounds, 65 pounds or broomstick as needed and post time and load to comments.

20kg x 30

3:30

My first time doing a full squat snatch, so I used it as a warm up for the Crossfit Games Hopper and videoed myself.
As I often find with the first time through a movement, I was getting more comfortable with the exercise by the end. I didn't expect it to be so debilitating aerobically though.

From a quick look on the camera's display while trying to suck more air in:
    As with thrusters, not much snap overall.
    Not shrugging enough and no kick with the hips, see first point.
    Pulling too early.
    Passive shoulders in the catch
    Not pulling straight
    Not sure where my feet should be in landing. I started out landing too narrow, but got wider as I progressed and that felt much better.

I'm not looking forward to a more detailed inspection of my form when I get the video off the camera, but I know I have to do it.

At least I got some practise catching a snatch in a full squat, I'd only ever power snatched before. Before Crossfit I "knew" my back and knees couldn't take it. I guess Crossfit has made me more ignorant, and it definitely is bliss.

No comments: