Tuesday, 24 July 2007

Helen 070723

Puppies:
3 rounds for time of :
run 400m
21 x 25lb(12kg) dumbbell swings
9 pull ups

16:37

Want to know how many jumping pull-ups I did?
NONE

Want to know how many full pull-ups I did?
TWENTY SEVEN!!!!

Woohoo!

Runs were:
2:30
2:33
2:47
Slower than I expected, but until the third one they felt good, surprisingly comfortable. I'll see if my knees agree with me tomorrow.

KB/dumbell swings feel very easy to me, so I worry I'm doing them incorrectly. I've had a quick look at the video and they look OK, except I could drop my hips a bit further. It's hard to judge how far I down I can go when I'm holding the end of a spin-lock db with a protruding bar and have spider monkey arms.

I don't know if this is right, but I took a cue from LauraR's Fran video and didn't go to complete failure on the pull-ups like I usually do. Instead I dropped off, shook my arms out and started again, which kept things moving. I was determined to put off going to assisted or jumping pull-ups for as long as I could and was surprised at how much pull I could muster.

I definitely surprised myself on this one. Thanks to LauraR and Jeff Martin for the advice and coaching, both direct and indirect.

No comments: