Sunday, 22 July 2007

Fight Gone Bad 070721

Three rounds of:
Wall-ball, 20 pound ball, 10 ft target (Reps)
Sumo deadlift high-pull, 75 pounds (Reps)
Box Jump, Back steps (Reps)
Push-press, 75 pounds (Reps)
Row (Calories)

Change stations every minute.
Rest 1 minute between rounds.

Total: 152, if I'm charitable


The video show the ugliest SDHPS I have ever seen. If I were training someone and they did these I'd expect to be carrying them out on a backboard. I think only the fact that the bar wasn't loaded heavily (in absolute terms) saved me. Push presses look more like push-jerks, when I could move the bar at all. As I said with repeatedly with increasing profanity throughout the workout, "I should have scaled these". Well, I thought it, saying it would have meant expelling valuable oxygen.

I did the rows, but my rower is missing the sensor that measures strokes (finally found out why it doesn't), so I can't count the calories. I'd guess about 0.01 (total, not per round).

Well, I've done a FGB, as rx'ed as equipment allows. As I say with about all my first times through new Crossfit experiences, "It can only get better".

No comments: