Friday, 27 July 2007

Run 070725

Run 1.5km (according to Google maps) - 'round the block

9:50

I decided once around the block was enough for the longest distance I've run in about 25 years and if GD wanted it to be further he could flaming well do it himself. Laughing
I put it off and put it off, then I put it off some more, and then it turned out to be almost easy. Obviously I was hardly sprinting, but I didn't have to walk at all and while I was sweating a lot I wasn't breathing that hard. Overall, tabatas or anything involving thrusters are more debilitating. I still faced a couple of days of aching knees and ankles, but they don't feel "broken", just pushed.
I wonder whether it's that Crossfit prepares you for this, or just that you get used to being completely and utterly miserable during normal WODs that in comparison running doesn't seem so bad? Probably both. Wink
Maybe I will be able to do the 5 and 10ks one day after all.

I am completely astonished and very pleased.

No comments: