Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Front Squat

Front Squat 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps

45kg
50kg
52.5kg
55kg
55kg
55kg
55kg

Got the video camera out while I was resting after the first 55kg and what I saw was the reason I stayed there. High or barely legal, butt coming back as I come out of the hole and knees drifting in. Overall not very tight through the butt and hamstrings. Sad
And, as I power cleaned I pulled massively early.
On the good side I kept the arch in my back and elbows stayed up which used to be a problem, so not all bad. Confused
Don't think I'll move up much more than that until I've had a few good higher rep "front squatty" WODS to tie the hip and thigh movement together more solidly.
Never thought I'd say this, but bring on the wall ball and thrusters! Just not in the same WOD, please.

No comments: