Thursday, 12 June 2014

2014-06-12 - Craig - Dbbell Fr squats, Push-ups

21-15-9
DB front squat to a box
Press ups



Recycling an old one.

http://youtu.be/M81oYr_L55g

21-15-9
12kg Dumbbell front squats to 20" box
Push-ups on my knees.
  1. Squats
    • Shoulders got a bit tired. Tried to carry the weight on my shoulder blades (which doesn't make sense, but whatever) instead of using my delts and traps.
    • Sort of OK.
  2. Push-ups
    • Another one I was worried about repeating. I could see me doing something silly while trying to get "one more rep" and hurting myself.
    • That's why the knee push-ups. I decided to lower the load as far as I could and sacrifice the midline work to work on shoulder position.
    • It was very frustrating, but there were a lot of reps that saw my shoulders lined up fairly well. I just have to accept it will take time, back right off and work at it. But I don't have to like needing to do that damnit!
Overall
  • Better (push-ups) than I expected.
  • Shoulders haven't suffered as  a result and are not too badly rounded.
    Well, no worse than usual.

No comments: