Tuesday, 4 March 2014

2014-03-04 - Craig - Push-ups, Step-ups, Lunges

2 x
5:00 Rd (3:00 rest)
5 Push-ups
10 Box Step-ups
15 Lunges



Borrowed one of Lynette's.

http://youtu.be/lm60E5T_-04

2 x5:00 Rd (3:00 rest)
5 Push-ups
10 x 16"  Box Step-ups
15 Lunges

  1. Push-ups
    • Coming together.
    • The first round each time was much better. By the end I was falling apart a bit.
    • It wasn't that they were any harder, well they were, but not that much, it was that I couldn't keep everything connected and fell apart into a bunch of separate body parts.
  2. Step-ups
    • Went for a bit lower box height and I think it was wise.
    • Both hips felt pretty solid, but not by much. This scaling idea might have some value after all.
    • Breathing pattern had a big influence, see below.
  3. Lunges
    • Left leg is still less stable, but it is improving.
    • Stability on either leg was directly related to how well I avoided chest breathing. The silly thing is, it's no harder to do when I'm puffed and I get more air in, but I guess out of habit I revert back to a panic type breathing patter, which makes me feel panicky.Sounds a bit new-agey, but it really has an amazing effect.
Overall
  • Not a disaster.
  • Still inconsistent.

No comments: