Sunday, 7 July 2013

Row, Squat, Plate hold

3 rds
500 m row
10 air squats to box
30 second x 10kg plate hold overhead


3 rds
500 m row
10 air squats to 16" box
30 second x 10kg plate hold overhead
  1. Row
    • I remembered how to do it in the 2nd round, yay!
    • Haven't been able to hold a sub 2 500m pace for ages and definitely not able to finish 500m in less than 2 minutes.
    • Today the technique clicked.
      Probably still sucky, I haven't watched the video of the last 2 rounds yet.
    • Aside from that, got a bit puffed.
  2. Squat
    • My hips felt a bit better than the last WOD, more even.
    • Still loose and sloppy.
  3. Plate hold
    • Confession time, I haven't been doing as much shoulder stretching as I normally would and definitely not enough after the planks.
      And, I spent a lot of yesterday sitting, driving out of town, movies (Man of Steel, highly recommend it), driving back.
      And today, too come to think of it, craft work on a project for Lynette.
    • Which shows in the struggles I had getting my shoulders in position. Shoulder blades wouldn't sit back because my thoracic spine was hunched too, or rather they were back, but the spine was bent so they didn't engage properly.
      Should have seen that coming.
      Dumbass!
    • Didn't keep my butt turned on and abs engaged as much as I should have either.
      Which is related to the tight shoulders and curved thoracic.
Overall
  • Didn't hold together too well when I got puffed. There's a surprise!

No comments: