Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Back Squats and mainsite metcon

5 x 80kg
15 x 50kg

Experimented last night with pulling my neck back hard instead of letting it crane forward as it naturally does. I got the feeling I think, so this morning I tried it out. I paid minimal attention hips and knees and focussed on keeping my chin back and using that push against the bat to start my ascent. I think it's the way to go.
I had to focus on leading my deadlift with my shoulders for a while to get that sorted out, same thing applies I think.
Stretched my shoulder between rounds. It was better under the bar today, but still too tight and loading my wrists and elbows.

Then:
7RFT
3 x 50kg front squat
7 tuck pull-ups

11:47

1 2:06
2 1:37
3 1:46
4 1:48
5 1:35
6 1:19
7 1:33

50kg as a front squat is much easier after back squatting 80. The bar doesn't feel heavy. Not that it is of course. Worked hard on the same neck pulling back thing there and it paid off much more in the front squats than it did in the back.

Pull-ups were bad and degenerated into jumping tuck-pull-ups. Pull-ups will get some attention in the new year.

No comments: