Friday, 8 October 2010

Backwards 9x5 Fran

Got the order backwards

9 RFT
5 x pull-ups
5 x 20kg thrusters

9:33

1 0:55
2 0:48
3 0:51
4 1:01
5 1:06
6 1:11
7 1:14
8 1:15
9 1:10

My grip, left hand especially began failing me on the pull-ups.
The bar felt light on the thrusters, but the groove was a bit off. I videoed it, so I'll horrify myself by watching what I was actually doing in a minute.

Hmm.
Not sitting back enough.
Leaning forward too much.
Abs not consistently tight. They were sometimes.
Not pushing my knees out enough.
Not pushing my knees back to initiate the ascent
Not driving my hips early enough.
The last two together saw me starting the push-press with my knees still bent and forward. No wonder my knees hurt after thrusters.

From what I can see of my feet flailing in and out of frame my kip needs some work too, very weird timing going on.

I did get my breathing right in the last few rounds. Out in the push-press, in at the top and hold through the squat.
Finish position was good, arms well behind ears with no turtle necking.

It's a data point. But not a strict comparison with the correct order last time.
It wasn't raining this time, so that helped.

No comments: