Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Didn't quite peg this one correctly, but had fun anyway

Adapted a WOD I liked doing at BX

3RFT
15 x 20kg HPS
5 ring push-ups
200m

12 something?

Hang power snatches were too light, I think I used 30kg at BX as a conservative measure there. I'll try it again with 30 soon.
Reduced the push-ups and increased the run distance to balance it out.
Push-ups bog me down every time and so does running, but in a metcon running still has value as training stimulus, while sitting on my knees waiting for enough strength to return to do another push-up doesn't.
Got some serious butt-kicking on the runs, which is a good thing. I couldn't get my heels to flick up at all at BX and I managed it for significant portions of the run. My speed didn't warrant that degree of pull but I kept it up to practise it. When I felt I had it I leaned into the run and moved along quite satisfactorily. Still cost me way too much in discomfort, but that's to be expected.

Good fun.

My new PC is running and has the OS on, but my USB WiFi adapter won't fire up. I should have got them to install a PCI one when I bought it, now I'll have to go back again and buy one. PITA.
For now I have my Really Long Patch Lead TM running to the router. It's long enough to go the length of the house, amazing the number of times that thing has bailed me out when more sophisticated networking has failed over the years. Brute force and ignorance have their place.

No comments: