Sunday, 20 June 2010

Squat check and baby WOD

Got the video out and checked the back squats.

OK so when I let my knees go forward after I've begun my descent I wound up travelling forward, breaking the vertical bar path rule. I suspected that was the case, it couldn't really work any other way and now. It also meant a very thigh dominant squat, which would be OK if I could be sure my hamstrings would drive the movement, but they don't always yet.
SO a few more sets trying to find the right amount to sit back. It's very easy for me to waaaaaaay overdo the hip break at the start and get into that good morning thing. The correct path is very very tight upper back to keep my chest up, a clear significant butt back movement and then straight down. That way I sit reasonably upright, drive out of the hole with my hips and stay tight down a very long way.

Then
3RFT
50 skips (on grass, so lots of breaks)
5 push-ups on paralletes, pinning shoulder blades back to keep shoulders from rolling forward.
15 x 12kg dbell swings Keeping chest tightly out and up to try and set the movement. Slower on the KB swings to zone in on the high chest, but interestingly the easiest reps were the ones when I had that mid-back tight, tight, tight. I hadn't been doing those well at all.

8:05

No comments: