Thursday, 8 April 2010

Not totally nice middle-aged guy


3 RFT
50 x squat
7 x pull-ups
10 x 30kg Hang Power-Snatch

14:14

Squats used my fancy new air-squat form guide, my pull-up bars. With my heels against the inner edge of the cross brace that runs parallel to the house the wall of the house is perfectly placed to stick my butt against to keep me sitting back throughout the squat.Doesn't make it easier, does keep my hamstrings engaged.
Pull-ups lost the kip on each round and wound up swinging, but some, some were very good indeed. What I'm doing to strengthen the kip is working.
HPS? Not all bad, just most of them. I prescribed 35kg, but that just felt plain heavy and given the way things got hairy in the last round, a good choice. Lighter would have been better really. I didn't want to struggle with weight anywhere in this, it was supposed to be a clean run through maintaining as close to optimal form as fatigue allowed.

No comments: