Tuesday, 30 March 2010

An experiment; Presses and step-ups

AMRAP 12
6 x 30kg press
12 each leg x 30kg step-ups to a 12" box

I lost count, 5 rounds and 3 presses? 4 rounds and 3 presses? 6 rounds seems unlikely.

I started out with 35kg and that lasted 1.5 rounds. The presses just bogged down too much.
First round was bar in the rack position, great for core strength, wrists couldn't handle it. Subsequent rounds had it on my back.

30 was doable.

Step-ups are something I've been working on to sort out my glute and hamstring recruitment in my left leg. I normally use a 20"ish step and thought 12" with weight might be interesting to try. It was.
About 4 reps were extremely painful as I levered my way up on  my quads, the rest I concentrated on opening my hips starting right from the bottom and they worked beautifully. I suspect I'll have sore adductors tomorrow. That would be good. Sore knees would not, but I guess they'll be there anyway.

No comments: