Thursday, 25 February 2010

Deadlifts and disabled burpees

Sumo Deadlifts
100 x 8
102.5 x 8
105 x 8
High gravity day. Just could not get the pop to come consistency. Sometimes yes, the rest very much no.
The first set was really 5 and 3. I was walking  away to pull the pin and decided to finish the damn set. The last 3 flew up so I carried on.

AMRAP 12
6 x 30kg press
12 squat thrusts (burpees without the push-up)

6 rounds + the presses.

I was doing 12 and 12 and did for the first round, but I scaled on the fly when the second round of presses slowed to  crawl. My shoulders (yes both now) are coming along well and I don't need a grinding set to mess them up again. Besides that wasn't the point.
The point was to establish that I am pathetically deficient in metabolic conditioning.
Which I did magnificently! Yay me! :-(

No comments: