Thursday, 3 December 2009

Deadlifts and mile

5 x 92.5kg
5 x 95kg
5 x 97.5kg

20 x 80kg

Those were pretty good. I want my back more gorilla like, but given the amount I sit all day and how nearly imposssible it is for me to get in that position even without weight, that will do to be going on with.

Inspired by video master mastroj and a comment from Lynette, I used my phone to video myself rather than rewinding over the same minute or so on the video tape in the camera. It worked really really well.

Ran around the block afterwards to stretch and balance things out.
A little over 9 minutes.
Didn't over-reach, often,. Quads stayed relaxed, mostly.
Didn't heel strike at all. Got some good hamstring powered pulling for a short stretch and when I combined that with a lean I think I was actually using the pose technique for a little bit. The recent journal video helped enormously. I thought I was supposed to be nearly kicking my butt all the time and I just couldn't move my feet that fast. Turns out that your feet come up high as more of a follow through when you run fast, which I definitely am not! Take that out and the technique feels much more natural.

No comments: