Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Completely angry again

Watched Coach B running people through the Burgerner warm-up before snatch practise and could not do what those people were doing.

Dropped back to PVC and sort of got the elbows "high and outside" thing, but I'm coming up on my toes and I think I'm supposed to stay flat-footed. Then went to muscle snatches and all my old habits returned in full suckiness. Used a drill Jeff suggested for something else and did two "elbows"-one muscle snatch, repeat.
Got that Ok then went the bar. Frig that thing feels heavy after PVC! Got back to "elbows" going OK but muscle snatches didn't work. I'll pick up there again next week.

Goddamn I wish I'd started working through the BWU and watching myself ages ago! This is so effing frustrating and I have so many bad movement patterns embedded now!

But, I have a real appreciation for the genius of Coach B's warm-up/progression and how it breaks the snatch down to be learned. I wish I was able to go to his cert here this weekend, but if I did I expect I'd earn everyone millions of burpees, so better to plod away on my own. Man I'm angry!

No comments: