Monday, 2 November 2009

Aborted snatch metcon

I pulled the pin before the snatch, OHS, run workout when I saw how my hang power snatches looked on tape.
Instead I worked on the HPS's.
They got better. Not good, but not as horrible.

I leraned that pulling the bar into my abdomen/hips produced the cleanest result and most vertical bar path
I learned that unless I consciously correct it, I never stand up straight. I'm always stooped over with my butt sticking out. I look like a duck. Even unloaded. I think it's how I walk normally too. What a mess!
I think the only reason I hit my abdomen was because I was still bent at the hips, I never got them all the way straight for the triple extension.
I pulled with my arms a bit as I tired and was slow, slow, slow!
No snap in my jump at all.

But, I got better.
Why I didn't start videoing myself before I have no idea.

No comments: