Friday, 21 August 2009

Man down

I spent the weekend furiously cleaning the house to be ready for a visit by the landlords on Sunday. I apparently depleted reserves a bit because on Sunday my scapular retractors had cramped tight and I had a splitting headache. That's a common headache pattern for me and it's been triggered by snatch grip deadlifts before, so they may not have been a good choice for a rehab workout. I think in this case the lingering 'flu/cold was at least partly to blame.

I was a waste of space at work on Monday and on Tuesday I went home after a few hours. Finally went to the doctors on Thursday as I seemed to have a sinus infection. The headachy sinus feeling had been with me even when everything else had died down and it was the centre of my misery then. Antibiotics cleared that up and now it's a matter of resting and waiting for the runny nose and cough to die down

No comments: