Saturday, 25 July 2009

Another Saturday

I opened up and ran the 0800 class, in the process establishing how woefully out of shape I am.
I mean who gets puffed demoing a few 10kg DB push-presses and jerks?

The class did a great job of motoring through one of the affiliate competition workouts from the games, aided slightly by my having misread the instructions for the deadlift portion. I think that knocked about a minute off their time at most though? They were working well.

I used a slightly more CF Kids style warm-up, something I think I'll stick to and expand on unless I'm told not to. It's a way of making the warm-up more fun and sneaking in some skill work disguised as amusing movements. I'm looking forward to working in "Angry Gorilla walks" somewhere. :-)

I hopped on the rower afterwards and tried Kempie's excellent (and embarrassingly obvious) suggestion of rowing without pulling with my arms to establish my leg drive. Given my pathetic condition I was able to achieve quite a respectable pace for short periods. The stroke rate was way too high and I'll work on that, but overall quite positive. Definitely doing that as often as I can for a while.

Came home and Lynette and I went out for the day. The first stop was supposed to be dropping two kids bikes in our storage unit and refreshing our memories as to what's actually in there with a view to getting rid of as much as possible. Problem was I haven't been in there in so long that I've lost the key, so I'll be going there today and seeing about getting the lock cut off. So a trip home in case I could locate the key, put the bikes back in the shed when I couldn't (so it's jam packed again and a real pain to get the workout gear out).
Then we went for a wander around Westgate and had lunch over there at a japanese restaurant. Extra miso soup when the waiter knocked an almost finished bowl over. Back to Sylvia park to watch "Angels and Demons" which happened to be in the Directors Lounge so we had the extra comfortable seats. I slept through the deaths of two cardinals but the rest of the movie was very good. We liked it much better than "The Da Vinci Code", but then we liked the book better too.
Oh and we saw Jo G from the 0800 class on her way to take a troupe of kids to "Harry Potter and the half blood prince" as we were buying ice creams, or rather she saw us.
Dinner at one of our favourite restaurants there Cafe Casablanca then home. A lovely day.

No comments: