Friday, 17 April 2009

Not a fun week

Not exactly a fun time.

Our car was stolen while we were at the movies last Monday and recovered after having been used in a handbag snatch, before we even got out of the movies. We're still working through the insurance and lock replacement things.
On the Tuesday I fell very ill with diarrhoea, vomiting and massive stomach cramps. They laid me out for several days leaving Lynette who still had what I think has to have been the 'flu to cope with the kids visiting for the first week of the school holidays. As they couldn't get out much they got on each others and Lynette's nerves something fierce. Then the little one came down with chicken pox and she's currently covered in calamine lotion and complaining of being itchy every 5 minutes.

Lynette did well not to throttle them and got me crackers, canned soup and ginger beer to susbsist on when I could start eating again. Having someone to do that instead of having to drag myself out to do it was a godsend.

4 comments:

Darren said...

Sounds like it wasn't the best week guys.....so sorry to hear.

Good luck getting everything back on track. We're looking forward to seeing you again soon

Darren and Tamaryn (CFNZ)

Craig Massey said...

Thanks guys.
We'll be back soon, Monday if I have my way.

We'll just be scaling even more than usual for a few workouts.

DougK said...

Wow, sorry to hear about your car, your woes, and the unpleasant getting alongings.

Rest up, drink lots, and think of all the good things you have.

For what its worth, I'm thinking happy satellite-thoughts for you.

Doug

TexasPatrick said...

Wow Mate! Sorry to hear. I know this is late, but hope you're feeling better. That's a lot of grief for one week. Here's to hoping it all happened at once and the rest of the year is smooth sailing.