Saturday, 27 September 2008

Crossfit NZ and CF Strength Bias

We did
AMRAP 15
30 x pushups
400m run
30 x kb swings
30 x medball cleans
30 x pull-ups

As a partner workout.

I'm sure my partner was introudced as Kellie and I referred to her as that all through, but apprently it was Karen. That's really embarressing, sorry Karen.

We split things down the middle.

I used 24kg KB, 8kg med ball and full pull-ups.
Karen used a 8kg KB, push-ups on her knees, 4kg med. ball, jumping pull-ups.

We got through 2 rounds and Karen did one her 200m. I felt bad and wondered if I should have done a 200 to even things out.

I really must go more often. They have a real pull-up bar, a C2, kettlebells, and most impoirtantly, competition/inspiration from other Crossfitters. At the moment I'm stronger or more proficient than most of the clients at most of the exercises (except running, sigh!) but that won't last if I don't get my lazy arse moving. There's a little lady there, Lou who was partnered with my friend Dez from work. She was trying for muscle-ups when I got there and doing weighted pull-ups after class. She's shaping up to be extremely impressive.

But I'll always be taller than her. What a pathetic attribute to have to fall back on!


After that I did my programming from Jeff's Crossfit Strength Bias. I was supposed to have done it before the metcon but, well, I got up too late. No excuse, just laziness.

5 x 35kg Press
5 x 37.5kg Press
5 x 40kg Press

Then
10-7-4 x 30kg Press.

Hopefully that was interpreting the instructions correctly

No comments: