Monday, 11 August 2008

Deadlifts

I did some deadlifts
3 x 5 x 85kg

Concentrating hard on getting my start position correct ("angry gorilla back") and hips and bar raising at the same time at the start. Bluez watched my last set and said all but possibly my last rep were good, so I think I have the feel for the movement pattern now. It actually feels like I start the pull with my shoulders, but when I do my hips stay down. Go figure.
My finish is still a hip kick and I tend to go forward onto my toes, so I'm not dragging my shoulders back to finish, but I am letting the weight get away from me in front a tiny smidgin. I can work on that.

GD's advice has given me a totally different feel for the deadlift now. I always knew what a good one looked like, but I because I didn't know whether what I was doing looked like that, I didn't know what a good one felt like.

No comments: