Friday, 22 February 2008

Hang cleans 080220

Squat is assumed
3 x 30kg
3 x 35kg
3 x 40kg
3 x 45kg
3 x 47.5kg
3 x 50kg
3 x 52.5kg

I did power cleans twice at the start of the heavier sets, but didn't count those.
I caught pretty low, I think it was low enough to count as a full squat.
I know I pulled with my arms most of the time. I tried not to and made it a couple of times and the difference is quite striking.

Scared myself by catching with a soft back on one of the 50kgs. That's how I rupture disks. Did not do that again!

So I'm happy. I can catch low, I can jump and land, I can keep my arms straight.
That will do for now

2 comments:

Brendhan said...

Hi Metric-radiosound1 here. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (Marin County actually). It's about 2 hours from Santa Cruz. I know you're packing a lot in, but do you have plans to come check out San Francisco while you're here? If schedules allign, I'd love to host you and your family for a nice San Francisco meal. Let me know what your plans are if you're interested. Brendhan Green

Craig Massey said...

The number of people wanting to meet us is very humbling. I really think they're going to be disappointed in the reality.

I don't see how we can make it to San Francisco, but then I didn't realise it was so close to Santa Cruz. Is that 2 hours obeying all posted speed limits, or "I own an 800hp speed machine and have every radar detector money can buy" 2 hours? :-)

If we can we will, but based on current guesstimations, I'd have to say it's a no thank-you at the moment.

Marin County puts you somewhere near the CF games doesn't it? That would be so cool to make it to. Well planned. LOL

And thank-you again.