Sunday, 27 January 2008

Nasty Girls 080125

Pack(ish)
3 Rounds
50 squats
10 Jumping muscle-ups
10 x 50kg Hang Power Cleans

20 minutes

Last time 7:50 for buttercups

Squats were better than in the past, but not startling. I went for a 5km walk with Lynette beforehand, so that may have contributed.

Jumping muscle-ups were infinitely better than last time, because last time was completely and utterly, hopelessly terrible. I could only get better. They were still more of a jumping dip than anything, but; I had a false grip for almost all reps, I kept the rings pretty close to my body, I pulled to the front first and then rotated out. The beginnings of the technique were there. I'd guesstimate at this rate of improvement I'll get a muscle-up in about, ooh, 2050.

Hang power cleans were good. Scraped my belt buckle a few times, so my worst sin, travelling the bar too far away from my body is diminishing. No idea if I bent my elbows too early. Started the first set with 60kg, which felt "OK" before I started, but after the other 2 exercises, it just wasn't going to happen, so 60kg changed to 50kg after 3 reps. Lost time because of that, but it was a more honest run at it that way.

Hot, very sweaty, no injuries I think, so happy. For now.

No comments: