Friday, 8 June 2007

Run, thrusters

Run 400m
30 thrusters 20kg
Row 2 mins, hopefully 400M
30 x 20 kg thrusters
Run 400m
30 thrusters 20kg
Row 2 mins, hopefully 400M
30 x 20 kg thrusters

26:31

There was going to be a 5th round, but the needle hit "E".
First time with thrusters, definitely helps if you breathe as you do them. Embarassed
Mixed runs and rows to limit damage to the knees. Iced them straight after and the foam roller and I have a date this afternoon. But, no heat, no grating, so I'd say I'm firmly on the mend. Big thank-you email sent to Shari Keener and Eva T. for posting about foam rollers for soft tissue (ITB) work on Shari's blog. I definitely second Gimpy's post about the value of this very simple method of self repair. It hurts a lot to do, but my goodness it is worth it.
Now that I can run, time to work on getting better at it. That second 400m was more of a fast shuffle.
"Mummy, look at that old palagi guy out on the footpath. Oh, isn't that cute dear, he's trying to go for a run"

No comments: